The Singapore Green Plan (SGP) was first drawn up in 1992 to provide strategic directions to ensure Singapore�s sustainability through a comprehensive set of measures, covering all aspects of the environment. The first plan was a 10 year programme that ended in 2002. SGP 2012 is the continuation plan of the first SGP for the next 10 years. There are 8 main targets in SGP 2012, NBRC is focusing on the target of Conserving Nature. Under Conserving Nature, there are 4 further targets:
- Keep nature areas for as long as possible
- Verify and update information on indigenous flora and fauna through biodiversity surveys
- Put in place new parks and park connectors
- Set up a National Biodiversity Reference Centre.
- For more information and details of SGP 2012, visit